Freenode and libera.chat

Chris Morgan mihalis68 at gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:51:07 UTC 2021

I agree that openstack chat should get off freenode. I don't claim to
understand what happened there, but clearly Mr Lee is attempting to appear
like the "owner" of IRC in general (see
https://www.irc.com/lets-take-irc-further) something I find repellant. I'm
not qualified to comment on libera chat vs. oftc, except that Jeremy has
already prepared technically for a possible move to OFTC and established
with the community that it was a suitable replacement. On that basis it
seems like the best next step to me +1

[I found getting into IRC hard myself - it's resolutely banned where I
work, but IRCcloud is good enough. I'm by no means an IRC old-timer.]

Chris

--
Chris Morgan <mihalis68 at gmail.com>