[puppet][tripleo] Inviting tripleo CI cores to maintain tripleo jobs ?

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Fri May 14 11:09:53 UTC 2021

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 8:40 AM Takashi Kajinami <tkajinam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi team,

Hi Takashi

> As you know, we currently have TripleO jobs in some of the puppet repos
> to ensure a change in puppet side doesn't break TripleO which consumes
> some of the modules.

in case it isn't clear and for anyone else reading, you are referring
to things like [1].

> Because these jobs hugely depend on the job definitions in TripleO repos,
> I'm wondering whether we can invite a few cores from the TripleO CI team
> to the puppet-openstack core group to maintain these jobs.
> I expect the scope here is very limited to tripleo job definitions and doesn't
> expect any +2 for other parts.
>
> I'd be nice if I can hear any thoughts on this topic.

Main question is what kind of maintenance do you have in mind? Is it
that these jobs are breaking often and they need fixes in the
puppet-repos themselves so we need more cores there? (though... I
would expect the fixes to be needed in tripleo-ci where the job
definitions are, unless the repos are overriding those definitions)?

Or is it that you don't have enough folks to get fixes merged so this
is mostly about growing the pool of reviewers?

I think limiting the scope to just the contents of zuul.d/ or
.zuul.yaml can work; we already have a trust based system in TripleO
with some cores only expected to exercise their voting rights in
particular repos even though they have full voting rights across all
tripleo repos).

Are you able to join our next tripleo-ci community call? It is on
Tuesday 1330 UTC @ [2] and we use [3] for the agenda. If you can join,
perhaps we can work something out depending on what you need.
Otherwise no problem let's continue to discuss here

regards, marios

[1] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/builds?job_name=tripleo-ci-centos-8-scenario004-standalone&project=openstack/puppet-pacemaker
[2] https://meet.google.com/bqx-xwht-wky
[3] https://hackmd.io/MMg4WDbYSqOQUhU2Kj8zNg?both