[all][neutron][nova][ironic][cinder][keystone][glance][swift] OVN is now default in DevStack

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Wed May 12 18:26:24 UTC 2021

Hi,

As of today, OVN is the default network backend driver in DevStack
[0]. This effort has been discussed in previous PTGs as well as emails
to this mail list for a few cycles and now we are happy to announce
that it's complete!

We are aware that OpenStack is big and it has many projects included
in it so, we tried to make this transition as smooth as possible for
each other but, in case this change breaks your project CI in any way
know that there's an easy fix for that which is explicitly enabling
the ML2/OVS driver back until we can better investigate the problem.
Here are some examples of patches doing it: [1][2][3].

Also, I would like to reinforce that this DOES NOT mean that the
ML2/OVS driver will be deprecated, both drivers are and will be
actively maintained by the Neutron community.

Big thanks to everyone that participated in this effort!

[0] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/735097/
[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/739945
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-tempest-plugin/+/790928
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/metalsmith/+/749346