[ironic] IPA image does not want to boot with UEFI

Vuk Gojnic vuk.gojnic at gmail.com
Tue May 11 21:08:13 UTC 2021

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using esp from Ubuntu install iso. Intentionally go to Grub prompt to play with kernel parameters in attempt to debug.

linuxefi/initrdefi had seemingly same behaviour like linux/initrd.

What I actually just detected is that if I try to do “ls” of the device where kernel and initrd are residing it lists it correctly, but if I do “ls -la” it lists couple of files, but when it comes to initrd it freezes and I get again “Red Screen of Death” with same errors.

Initrd that works just fine is 52MB big and uncompressed, while the one That blocks is 406MB big compressed. I started suspecting that the problem us is filesize limit.

-Vuk

Sent from my Telekom.de iPhone 14 prototype