[openstack-ansible] Keystone federation with OpenID needs shibboleth

Taltavull Jean-Francois jean-francois.taltavull at elca.ch
Thu May 6 17:33:02 UTC 2021

Your patch is ok, that’s what I did by superseding the variable “keystone_apache_modules”.

Ansible -vvv trace shows that the task parameters are correct, but the apache shib module remains enabled. Anyway, authentication still fails and I get “valid-user: denied” in apache logs because of a weird interference with libapache2-mod-shib package.

For now, the workaround I’ve found is not to install the libapache2-mod-shib package:
“openstack-ansible os-keystone-install.yml --extra-vars '{"keystone_sp_distro_packages":["libapache2-mod-auth-openidc"]}'”

And everything works fine (if you don’t need shibboleth), keystone deployment and openid auth. But this is just a workaround.