[kolla] does someone uses AArch64 images?

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Wed Mar 31 12:43:53 UTC 2021

W dniu 31.03.2021 o 10:15, Thomas Goirand pisze:
> On 3/31/21 9:34 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

>>> Of course: either through extrepo (for example: "extrepo enable
>>> openstack_wallaby") or directly at:
>>> http://osbpo.debian.net/debian/
>>>
>>> Look into the "dists" folder to see all what's available: at the moment,
>>> all from jessie-liberty to bullseye-wallaby.
>>
>> While we are buster-wallaby ;D Move to bullseye will happen once Xena
>> cycle opens - I waited for full freeze with it and had several other
>> things to do.
>
> Well, that's not how we do things in the Debian OpenStack team. We
> generally have one single OpenStack release which we both build for
> stable and stable+1. This release is Victoria. So we do have
> non-official repositories for Victoria under Buster and Bullseye:
>
> - buster-victoria
> - bullseye-victoria
>
> The reason we do that, is that we want our users to be able to switch
> Debian release without changing OpenStack release.
>
> Wallaby is currently pushed to Debian Experimental, and we will only be
> able to upload to unstable once Bullseye is released, which normally
> should happen before Xena.
>
> Hopefully, you guys at Linaro can align with this policy?

We only use Kolla images to deploy. And Wallaby Kolla is on Buster.
Linaro cloud is on Ussuri still iirc.

Doing setup using distro packages is something we had during Liberty
times. Then moved to some weird in-house solution and then to Kolla
containers (using source).

> Also, have you tried Victoria with plain Bullseye? It should work out of
> the box from the Debian official repositories normally...

All our setup are done with Kolla containers.

> BTW, what kind of 1U / 2U servers would you recommend for ARM in
> production, for storage and/or compute workload?

Kevin Zhao (cc:) would probably be better on hardware recommendations. I
mostly complain that we still use v8.0 (2012 tech) ones ;D