[charms] Charms libraries freeze on Friday

Alex Kavanagh alex.kavanagh at canonical.com
Tue Mar 30 16:50:11 UTC 2021

Hi All

Just a reminder that this week is the last opportunity to get features into
the libraries for the release.  The libraries affected by this freeze are:

   - charm-helpers
   - charms.openstack
   - charms.ceph
   - zaza
   - zaza-openstack-tests

We will be taking a stable cut (stable/21.04) of these libraries on Friday
and doing a batch review of the charms to point to these cuts during the
testing period with a final charm-helpers sync at this point.  The reactive
charms will have a build.lock file introduced to lock their versions of the
layers, interfaces and python modules (the above libraries will be tracked
by stable branch).

Only bug fixes and features-by-exception will be accepted into the stable
cuts of these libraries after that point.

For the avoidance of doubt, we will be testing and releasing against the
current latest stable of:

   - juju 2.8.10
   - python-libjuju 2.8.6
   - charm-tools 2.8.3

Many thanks
Alex.

--
Alex Kavanagh - Software Engineer
OpenStack Engineering - Data Centre Development - Canonical Ltd