Authenticating to devstack and listing nova flavors + servers

Joe Wolfe jwolfe at automatedsystems.io
Sun Mar 21 21:06:06 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I am working on an api and would like to get some more context behinds authenticating into the api - so I am trying to get a list out of available flavors 1 and servers to start off with. I am able to get a token that I can interact with against keystone which shows up as https://mydevstackurl/identity/ <https://mydevstackurl/identity/> however when I try and run a simple curl against my compute as follows:

curl   -H "X-Auth-Token: $OS_TOKEN" -s https://http://mydevstackurl/compute/api/v2.1/servers <https://http//mydevstackurl/compute/api/v2.1/servers>

I got no response back from curl - no 200 ,no 30x no 4xx nothing.

Can anyone help to get me started ? The documents seem to be pretty detailed - but the methods provided don’t seem to work either in the tutorial: for example:

curl -s -H "X-Auth-Token: $OS_TOKEN" \
  $OS_COMPUTE_API/flavors \
  | python -m json.tool

Only returns:

zsh: no matches found: http://mydevstackurl/identity/v3/auth/tokens?nocatalog <http://mydevstackurl/identity/v3/auth/tokens?nocatalog>
Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Thanks