[openstack-community] Authenticating to devstack and listing nova flavors + servers

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Mar 21 21:00:55 UTC 2021

On 2021-03-21 16:39:42 -0400 (-0400), Joe Wolfe wrote:
> I am working on an api and would like to get some more context
> behinds authenticating into the api - so I am trying to get a list
> out of available flavors 1 and servers to start off with. I am
> able to get a token that I can interact with against keystone
> which shows up as https://mydevstackurl/identity/ however when I
> try and run a simple curl against my compute as follows:
>
> curl -H "X-Auth-Token: $OS_TOKEN" -s https://http://mydevstackurl/compute/api/v2.1/servers
>
> I got no response back from curl - no 200 ,no 30x no 4xx nothing.
>
> Can anyone help to get me started ? The documents seem to be
> pretty detailed - but the methods provided don’t seem to work
> either in the tutorial: for example:
>
> curl -s -H "X-Auth-Token: $OS_TOKEN" \
>   $OS_COMPUTE_API/flavors \
>   | python -m json.tool
>
> Only returns:
>
> zsh: no matches found: http://mydevstackurl/identity/v3/auth/tokens?nocatalog
> Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

As the description of the community mailing list states, "This list
does not provide support for OpenStack software." I have Cc'd the
openstack-discuss mailing list which is intended for "Discussion of
OpenStack use and development." Please follow up there with your
question. I'm keeping you in the To header in case you're not
subscribed there, so that people who reply to this will hopefully
include you directly.
--
Jeremy Stanley