[Nova][FFE] Smart-nic support

yonglihe yongli.he at intel.com
Fri Mar 12 07:18:58 UTC 2021

Hi,  Everyone

Smart nics management involved Nova, Neutron and Cyborg. After 2
releases of discussing, coding and reviewing, we have merged Cyborg and
Neutron support. Nova patches also got lots of attention and had many
rounds of review, plus several +2.

I hope we could merge Nova patches also in this release. The following
is the Nova patches topic, individual patches links, and related
resources links

Now we blocked by lots of comments when reaching to the end of the
feature freeze. Those comments could be addressed in 2-3 days, then we
could get 3 more rounds review, very likely we could make it by RC1.

Those comments include:
• functional test -- released already.
• minor typo, text changes, and needs more code comments
• several codes flow refactor request
• how to store arq-uuid

==nova patch topic link:
https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22bp%252Fsriov-smartnic-support%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)

==nova individual patch link:
1) smartnic support - cyborg drive: two +2
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/771362

2) smartnic support - new vnic type: rounds review
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/771363

3) smartnic support: main patch rounds review, one +2
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/758944

4) smartnic support - reject server move and suspend, one +2
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/779913

5) smartnic support - functional tests
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/780147

== resource:
1) blueprint sriov-smartnic-support
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/sriov-smartnic-support

2) Approved spec: merged
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova-specs/+/742785

3) Cyborg NIC driver: merged
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cyborg/+/758942

4) neutron patch sets: merged
neutron patch set: merged
https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22bug%252F1906602%22+

5) neutron-lib: merged
Add new VNIC types for Cyborg provisioned ports
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-lib/+/768324

6) neutron ml2 plugin support: merged
[SR-IOV] Add support for ACCELERATOR_DIRECT VNIC type
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/779292

Yongli He
Regards