[election][requirements] PTL candidacy for Xena

Matthew Thode mthode at mthode.org
Tue Mar 9 16:49:11 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I would like to self-nominate for the role of PTL of Requirements for
the Xena release cycle. I am the current PTL for the Wallaby cycle and I
am willing to continue in this role.

The following will be my goals for the cycle, in order of importance:

1. The primary goal is to keep a tight rein on global-requirements and
upper-constraints updates.  (Keep things working well)

2. Un-cap requirements where possible (stuff like prettytable).

3. Fix some automation of generate contstraints (pkg-resources being
added and setuptools being dropped)

4. Audit global-requirements and upper-constraints for redundancies.
One of the rules we have for new entrants to global-requirements
and/or upper-constraints is that they be non-redundant.  Keeping that
rule in mind, audit the list of requirements for possible redundancies
and if possible, reduce the number of requirements we manage.

I look forward to continue working with you in this cycle, as your PTL
or not.

Thank you for your support,

--
Matthew Thode