[election][tacker] PTL candidacy for Xena

Yasufumi Ogawa yasufum.o at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 19:21:58 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'd like to propose my candidacy for Tacker PTL in Xena cycle.

In Wallaby release, we have released several features for the latest
ETSI NFV standard while largely updating infras, such as moving to
Ubuntu 20.04, supporting redhat distros again and dropping python2
completely for not only Tacker but also related projects such as
tosca-parser or heat-translator or so [1]. In addition, we have fixed
instability in unit and functional tests for which we have troubles
several times. As Tacker PTL, I've led the team by proposing not only
new features, but also things for driving the team such as documentation
or bug tracking.

In Xena cycle, I would like to continue to make Tacker be more useful
product for users interested in NFV. I believe Tacker will be a good
reference implementation for NFV standard. We have planed to make Tacker
more feasible not only for VM environment, but also container to meet
requirements from industries.

- Continue to implement the latest container technology with ETSI NFV
standard.
- Introduce multi API versions to meet the requirements for operators
enable to deploy mixed environment of multi-vendor products in which
some products provide a stable version APIs while other products adopt
move advanced ones.
- Proceed to design and implement test framework under development in
ETSI NFV TST to improve the quality of the product, not only unit tests
and functional tests, but also introduce more sophisticated scheme such
as robot framework.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/tacker/unreleased.html

Regards,
Yasufumi Ogawa