Puppet openstack modules

Bessghaier, Narjes narjes.bessghaier.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Wed Mar 3 15:14:25 UTC 2021

Thank you for the clarification.

________________________________
From: Takashi Kajinami <tkajinam at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2021 10:06:58 AM
To: Bessghaier, Narjes <narjes.bessghaier.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca>
Cc: openstack-discuss at lists.openstack.org <openstack-discuss at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: Puppet openstack modules

> 1 is supposed to be used only for testing during deployment
Sorry I meant to say
  1 is supposed to be used only for testing during "development"

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 12:06 AM Takashi Kajinami <tkajinam at redhat.com<mailto:tkajinam at redhat.com>> wrote:
Ruby codes in puppet-openstack repos are used for the following three purposes.
 1. unit tests and acceptance tests using serverspec framework (files placed under spec)
 2. implementation of custom type, provider, and function
 3. template files (We use ERB instead of pure Ruby about this, though)

1 is supposed to be used only for testing during deployment but 2 and 3 can be used
in any production use case in combination with puppet manifest files to manage
OpenStack deployments.