Question about Ubuntu Server

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Mar 2 10:25:34 UTC 2021

On 3/1/21 8:54 PM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> So openstack does run in debin/ubuntu?

Yes, and if you're an IRC person, I enjoy helping people. :)
Join us on #debian-openstack on the OFTC network.

If you didn't know about it, have a look here:
https://salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/debian/openstack-cluster-installer

This is fully in Debian Bullseye, which at this point, I would be
advising to run OpenStack (even if it's not released yet, the fact that
it is frozen is good enough for production, IMO).

With this solution, you do not need *anything* outside of the Debian
repositories (even the puppet modules are packaged). I like to say also
that it's very flexible, and will install all the OpenStack components
it can depending on what node type you install.

I hope this helps,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)