VIP switch causing connections that refuse to die

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 18:10:54 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-03-01 at 17:02 +0100, Michal Arbet wrote:
> Well, but that doesn't mean it's right that they don't have it configured.
> If you google "net.ipv4.tcp_retries2 keepalive" and will read results, you
> will see that this option is widely used
this is something that operators can fix themselve externally however.
im not against haveign kolla or other tools be able to configur it automticlly persay
but its not kolla-ansibles job to configure every possible tuneing.
this one might make sense to do by default or optionally but host config is largely out of scope of kolla
ansible. in ooo where that is ment to handel all host config as well as openstack configuration or other tools
where that is expliclty in socpe may also want to wtwee it but likely it shoudl be configurable.