[neutron] Bug deputy report (week starting on 2021-02-22)

Bernard Cafarelli bcafarel at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 11:58:18 UTC 2021

Hello neutrinos,

this is our first new bug deputy rotation for 2021, overall a quiet week
with most bugs already fixed or good progress.

DVR folks may be interested in the discussion ongoing on the single High
bug, also I left one bug in Opinion on OVS agent main loop

Critical
* neutron.tests.unit.common.test_utils.TestThrottler test_throttler is
failing - https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1916572
  Patch was quickly merged:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/777072

High
* [dvr] bound port permanent arp entries never deleted -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1916761
  Introduced with
https://review.opendev.org/q/I538aa6d68fbb5ff8431f82ba76601ee34c1bb181
  Lengthy discussion in the bug itself and suggested fix
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/777616

Medium
* [OVN][QOS] OVN DB QoS rule is not removed when a FIP is dissasociated -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1916470
  Patch by ralonsoh merged
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/776916
* A privsep daemon spawned by neutron-openvswitch-agent hangs when debug
logging is enabled - https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1896734
  Actually reported earlier on charm and oslo, ralonsoh looking into it
from neutron side
* StaleDataError: DELETE statement on table 'standardattributes' expected
to delete 2 row(s); 1 were matched -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1916889
  Spotted by Liu while looking at dvr bug, patch sent to neutron-lib
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-lib/+/777581

Low
* ovn-octavia-provider can attempt to write protocol=None to OVSDB -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1916646
  This appears in some functional test results,
  otherwiseguy sent
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ovn-octavia-provider/+/777201

Opinion
* use deepcopy in function rpc_loop of ovs-agent -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1916761
  My hunch is that we are fine here, but please chime in other opinions

Passing the baton to our PTL for next week!
--
Bernard Cafarelli