Setting bandwidth limit

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Mon Jul 19 07:32:21 UTC 2021

Hello Felipe:

Did you configure both the server and the agent? Probably you configured
the server correctly, this is why you can create and apply the QoS policies.

But you also need to configure the OVS agent [1]. In the plugin ML2 config
(by default /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini), you need to configure
the agent extension:

[agent]extensions = qos

Check this config file and then enable the OVS agent debug logs (restarting
the agent). Check the logs for any QoS message there. You should also check:
- For BW limit ingress rules (ingress from the VM point of view, this is
the default point of view): the OVS agent creates a QoS register and a
queue register in the OVS DB table. You should see them using ovs-vsctl
tool.
- For BW limit egress: the OVS agent modifies the port Interface table,
setting the "ingress_policing_rate" and "ingress_policing_burst" (we don't
do traffic shaping, we drop packets exceeding the max rate but it works).

I hope that helps you to debug what is happening there.

Regards.

[1]https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/rocky/admin/config-qos.html