Setting bandwidth limit

Felipe Mogollon fmogollon at vicomtech.org
Fri Jul 16 12:22:53 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am running openstack victoria installed using packstack.

Everything things to be fine except bandwidth limit. I have tried to limit
internal traffic between two instances and between instances and "Internet"
but I always get maximum data transfer speed.

I have set up following rules

openstack network qos rule create --type bandwidth-limit --max-kbps 3
--max-burst-kbits 2 --ingress bw-choke
openstack network qos rule create --type bandwidth-limit --max-kbps 3
--max-burst-kbits 2 --egress bw-choke

and applied bw-choke policy to the internal network where my instances are
deployed:

openstack network set --qos-policy bw-choke newdeploylab_private_network

and to ports where machines connect to subnet:

openstack port set --qos-policy bw-choke
503a07b8-2da0-4abe-8251-ede648ba42b4
openstack port set --qos-policy bw-choke
776d5fb3-639c-47cc-9b0f-6ec855397df7

but nothing happens.

Each time I try to download something from internet or copy data from an
instance to another I always get maximum data transfer speed.

I have followed instructions from
https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/victoria/admin/config-qos.html

Any ideas?

--
<https://www.vicomtech.org>

Juan Felipe Mogollón Rodríguez
Researcher | Investigador

fmogollon at vicomtech.org
+[34] 943 30 92 30
Digital Media

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/vicomtech>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/VICOMTech>  <https://twitter.com/@Vicomtech>

member of:  <https://graphicsvision.ai/>

La información que contiene este mensaje y sus adjuntos son confidenciales
y están dirigidos exclusivamente a sus destinatarios. Si recibe este
mensaje por error, se ruega nos lo comunique y proceda a su borrado.

The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipients designated in the
original message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.