Pls help newbie :) bare metal new Ansible deployment

Nicola Ferrari (#554252) nick-liste at posteo.eu
Fri Jul 16 08:42:37 UTC 2021

Dears,

I'm new to the list.
We're just trying to introduce a demo install of openstack in our network.

Our intention was to use 5 machine, already installed with ubuntu-mini
20.04.

ostack1 as control node
ostack2 -|
ostack3 -| AS COMPUTE NODE
ostack4 -|
ostack5 -|

ostack4 - ostack5 also as block storage node, they are connected on a
direct storage (sas) where we deployed lvm with a vg named "cinder_volumes".

All nodes both are on a /24 network (192.168.32.0/24) behind a router
(32.254) and also on a "private" network (10.255.255.0/24) which just
interconnect nodes themselves.

We inteded to deploy openstack using openstack-ansible, available on
github, last stable release.
You can see our user_config as attachment.

setup-hosts playbook runs with no errors.
setup-infrastructure playbook hangs on

RUNNING HANDLER [repo_server : reload nginx]
FAILED - RETRYING: reload nginx (1 retries left).
fatal: [ostack1_repo_container-aabb6a12]: FAILED! => {"attempts": 5,
"changed": false, "msg": "Unable to start service nginx: Job for
nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error
code.\nSee \"systemctl status nginx.service\" and \"journalctl -xe\" for
details.\n"}

Looking at log I can see that nginx coudn't start due to "Cannot assign
requested address: 99" error.

I suppose that must be a mistake in the deploy file?

Many thanks for your suggestion, and pls, be sorry for my poor english :)

Nick