[largescale-sig] OpenStack DB Archiver

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 29 12:47:45 UTC 2021

Arnaud Morin wrote:
> [...]
> We were wondering if some other users would be interested in using the
> tool, and maybe move it under the opendev governance?

Resurrecting this thread, as OSops has now been revived under the
auspices of the OpenStack Operation Docs and Tooling SIG.

There are basically 3 potential ways forward for OSarchiver:

1- Keep it as-is on GitHub, and reference it where we can in OpenStack docs

2- Relicense it under Apache-2 and move it in a subdirectory under
openstack/osops

3- Move it under its own repository under opendev and propose it as a
new official OpenStack project (relicensing under Apache-2 will be
necessary if accepted)

Options (1) and (3) have the benefit of keeping it under its own
repository. Options (2) and (3) have the benefit of counting towards an
official OpenStack contribution. Options (1) and (2) have the benefit of
not requiring TC approval.

All other things being equal, if the end goal is to increase
discoverability, option 3 is probably the best.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez