[Release-job-failures] os-collect-config 11.0.2 and tripleo-ipsec 9.3.1

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 12:07:58 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 1:18 PM Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> We had two release jobs failures around TripleO and stable/ussuri:
>
> > - openstack-upload-github-mirror
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/cb4de2810bd147e2bf1cd98d6a1160fa
> : SUCCESS in 46s
> > - release-openstack-python
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/fb61c0814f114a2ea0c7298378e10e5f
> : FAILURE in 3m 07s
> > - announce-release https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/None :
> SKIPPED
> > - propose-update-constraints
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/None : SKIPPED
>
> and
>
> > - openstack-upload-github-mirror
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/fad34ae84b9d4a8c982ca4f75c01f0c9
> : SUCCESS in 58s
> > - release-openstack-python
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/0edc8da3c58842ed85b826f56153cde3
> : FAILURE in 3m 25s
> > - announce-release https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/None :
> SKIPPED
> > - propose-update-constraints
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/None : SKIPPED
>
> In both cases those jobs are coming from post-processing of release tags
> being pushed as a result of merging
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/772047
>
> The error is that os-collect-config 11.0.0 and tripleo-ipsec 9.3.0 both
> did not have a stable/ussuri branch cut around ussuri release time at
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/728537 (probably
> escaped our watch as they are cycle-trailing).

Thierry thanks for taking the time to dig into this and apologies for the
missing branches. We noticed that was the case in the discussion around
these repos in
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-January/019751.html
; obviously we didn't realise this would cause the error you saw so sorry
about that.

> os-collect-config 11.0.1 was released on master about 3 months ago,
> which worked because 12.0.0 (victoria) was not cut yet. But now that
> victoria is cut, 11.0.2 (and tripleo-ipsec 9.3.1) triggered an error.
>
> ----11.0.0------11.0.1-------12.0.0/11.0.2/13.0.0-------master
>                                  \
>                                   -----stable/victoria
>
> ----9.3.0------10.0.0/11.0.0/9.3.1-----master
>                    \
>                     ----- stable/victoria
>
> Given that os-collect-config 12.0.0/11.0.2/13.0.0 are the same commit
> and tripleo-ipsec 10.0.0/11.0.0/9.3.1 are the same commit, this might be
> solved by just cutting stable/ussuri on that same commit and reenqueuing
> the tag references in Zuul to trigger the jobs.
>
> I proposed https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/772995 to
> that effect.

thank you for posting that. It makes sense to cut the missing ussuri branch
on the latest ussuri release and bonus if that fixes the problem

regards, marios