[rdo][ussuri][tripleo] use rsyslog by default for all OSP components and send them to undercloud

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 11:03:46 UTC 2021

On 1/29/21 7:37 AM, Ruslanas Gžibovskis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to configure, during deployment, all OSP services save logs
> over rsyslog, not directly writing to files. I know OSP services support
> such. In most cases, services/modules write into files directly. Is
> there any TripleO option to set it all to logging over system logger?
> Also is there possibility, to send logs to centralised server, into
> undercloud, if to be precise? From there I want to send it to elastic,
> using rsyslog or send it to other log parser/analyser/storage.

There is an approved spec for remote logging, but it was never
prioritized for implementation, unfortunately. On the bright side, there
is a bunch of *LoggingSource params in t-h-t, which allow to change the
logging backend from files to (local only?) rsyslog. I could not find
upstream docs for that, all I can refer to is [1]

[0] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tripleo-specs/+/523493
[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/16.0/html/logging_monitoring_and_troubleshooting_guide/logging

--