[infra][release] delete old EOL'd stable branches

Előd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Tue Jan 26 16:52:07 UTC 2021

Hi Infra Team!

In October there was a discussion at Release Team meeting [1] about what
can we do with the old, already EOL'd but not yet deleted branches (this
is possible since with the Extended Maintenance process the
general/"mass" EOL'ing was stopped and tagging a project branch EOL does
not delete the branch anymore).

Related to this, I would like to ask two things:

1. I've used the list_eol_stale_branches.sh [2] script to get the list
of such not-yet-deleted branches for Ocata [3]. They are all tagged with
'ocata-eol', but stable/ocata branch still exists for them. Could you
please delete these? [3]

2. On the Release Team meeting [1] we were hinted that with the newer
version of gerrit (that was installed at the end of November) some
automation is possible through gerrit API in the future. Can I get some
help about where should I start with the automation? Which repository
should I look, where can the deletion being triggered ("similarly like
branch creation")?

Thanks in advance,

Előd

[1]