[tempest] extending python-tempestconf
szabolcs at szabolcstoth.eu
Tue Jan 19 11:49:19 UTC 2021
The official tool named python-tempestconf has a parameter named --create, which allows to create the following resources:
* CirrOS image (uploads the image based on the location defined with --image parameter),
* Flavors (based on default values - DEFAULT_FLAVOR_RAM, DEFAULT_FLAVOR_RAM_ALT, DEFAULT_FLAVOR_DISK - which can be changed with --flavor-min-mem and --flavor-min-disk).
In order to verify our specific installation with Tempest, we need to create the basic resources as
* Flavors (with extra-spec parameters like hw:mem_page_size).
* Networks (one for fixed_network_name and one for floating_network_name).
* python-tempestconf is able to find an already existing network created with router:external flag and set it as value for floating_network_name.
* Router and port (for routing traffic between internal and external networks).
I would like to ask the following:
* Is there any particular reason why the basic resource create functionality is limited to the image and flavor?
* Are there any plans to extend the basic resource create functionality?
* Ability to set extra parameters for the flavors.
* Creating networks, routers and ports (based on a user inputs, which can be separate parameters or a specific file).
Would the community accept contributions extending python-tempestconf into this direction?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openstack-discuss