[Heat][tripleo] move os-refresh-config, os-collect-config, tripleo-ipsec to 'release-management': none

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:24:24 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 7:04 AM Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:

> For the os-refresh/collect-config I suspect the answer is NO - at least,
> we aren't using these any more in the 'normal' tripleo deployment for a
> good while now, since we switched to config download by default. We haven't
> even created an ussuri branch for these [3] and no one has shouted about
> that (or at least not loud enough I haven't heard anything).

TripleO doesn't use them, but I think Heat still does for the support of
SoftwareDeployment/StructuredDeployment. I've added [Heat] to the subject
tags. It is as least still documented:

https://docs.openstack.org/heat/latest/template_guide/software_deployment.html#software-deployment-resources

which shows using the os-*-config elements from tripleo-image-elements to
build an image with diskimage-builder.

However, that doesn't mean we need to create stable branches or releases
for these repos. The elements support installing from source, and RDO is
packaging off of master it seems.

--
-- James Slagle