[dev][ironic] how to read ipa source code#ironic-python-agent

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 8 16:22:32 UTC 2021

[Keeping you in Cc since you don't seem to be subscribed to this ML]

On 2021-01-08 14:17:45 +0800 (+0800), Ankele zhang wrote:
> I have an OpenStack platform on Rocky, and I used
> Nova/Keystone/Cinder/Glance/Ceph/Ironic. Recently, I have build my
> own ironic-python-agent deployment ramdisk and kernel images by
> ironic-python-agent-builder, the following work is to add my
> customized  raid configuration method to HardwareManager. Before
> this, I want to read the ipa's source code. But I don't know where
> is the 'main()' entry. Looking forward to your help.

You specifically want the stable/rocky version? The
ironic-python-agent console script entrypoint (according to the
setup.cfg at the top of that repository) calls the run() function
from this file:

https://opendev.org/openstack/ironic-python-agent/src/branch/stable/rocky/ironic_python_agent/cmd/agent.py

Hope that helps!
--