[ironic] Review Jams

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:06:52 UTC 2021

In the Ironic team's recent mid-cycle call, we discussed the need to
return to occasionally having review jams in order to help streamline
the review process. In other words, get eyes on a change in parallel
and be able to discuss the change. The goal is to help get people on
the same page in terms of what and why. Be on hand to answer questions
or back-fill context. This is to hopefully avoid the more iterative
back and forth nature of code review, which can draw out a long chain
of patches. As always, the goal is not perfection, but forward
movement especially for complex changes.

We've established two time windows that will hopefully not to be too
hard for some contributors to make it to. It doesn't need to be
everyone, but it would help for at least some people whom actively
review or want to actively participate in reviewing, or whom are even
interested in a feature to join us for our meeting.

I've added an entry on to our wiki page to cover this, with the
current agenda and anticipated review jam topic schedule. The tl;dr is
we will use meetpad[1] and meet on Mondays at 2 PM UTC and Tuesdays at
6 PM UTC. The hope is to to enable some overlap of reviewers. If
people are interested in other times, please bring this up in the
weekly meeting or on the mailing list.

I'm not sending out calendar invites for this. Yet. :)

See everyone next week!

-Julia

[0]: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Ironic#Review_Jams
[1]: https://meetpad.opendev.org/ironic