[ironic] Reducing EM stable branch testing

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:36:50 UTC 2021

Greetings everyone,

Last week, during our Wallaby mid-cycle[0] meeting, we discussed
removing testing on older (extended, and approaching extended)
maintenance branches. In part because of the number of integration
jobs which we have and the overhead being so high to keep them
operational at this point in time across every repository we use. The
consensus we reached was to begin peeling back fragile and resource
intensive jobs on these older branches. Mainly "multinode" and grenade
type jobs where we risk running the test virtual machine out of
memory. We may opt to remove additional older integration jobs and
minimize the scenarios as seems relevant, but we will approach that
when that time comes.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Julia

[0]: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ironic-wallaby-midcycle