[neutron] Do I need to replace NetworkManager with network.service in centos8?

韩光宇 hanguangyu2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 09:23:52 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I am deploing OpenStack Victoria. I want to ask a question. Do I need to
replace NetworkManager with network-scripts in centos8?

I saw that "OpenStack Networking does not work on systems that have the
Network Manager service enabled"  in past redhat documentation and some
other places. But I don't see this in latest documentation of OpenStack
community(
https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/environment-packages-rdo.html).

And If NetworkManager is confit will OpenStack network, Do anyone know
where I can see the reason of confit.

I would appreciate any kind of guidance.

Thanks,
Han Guangyu.

Past redhat documentation:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/11/html/manual_installation_procedures/chap-prerequisites#Disabling_Network_Manager