[cinder] high-priority reviews this week

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 04:03:58 UTC 2021

Hello Cinder team,

As I mentioned at today's meeting, the cinderclient must be released
next week, and this means that any Xena cinder features that we want
supported in the Xena cinderclient need to merge into cinder first.
We've got two cinder patches that introduce new microversions, and thus
impact cinderclient.  So please put the following patches at the top of
your reviewing list:

(1) "Snapshot in-use volumes without force flag"
cinder: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/789564
cinderclient: (simply requires bump in MAX_VERSION, will be done in the
release note patch)

(2) "Expose volume & snapshot use_quota field"
cinder: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/786386
cinderclient:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-cinderclient/+/787407
(very small patch)

A slight complication is that 786386 is stacked on top of some other
patches.  On the other hand, these are all nicely done and present
learning opportunities:

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/791240/ -- this is a
good one to review if you're interested in how the automated tests to
verify the request/response samples in the api-ref work

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/786383 -- relatively
small patch with great unit test coverage

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/786384/ -- this is a
good one if you want to get better acquainted with Cinder's use of Oslo
Versioned Objects

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/786385 -- this is
worth looking at to see the online data migration strategy Cinder uses
to enable rolling upgrades

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/786386 -- this is the
patch that introduces a new API microversion; it looks big, but a lot of
the files are sample requests/responses for the api-ref

Happy reviewing!