[ops] Openstack Victoria SPICE configuration not working

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Mon Aug 9 07:21:11 UTC 2021

On Sat, Aug 07, 2021 at 10:10:20AM -0500, number9 wrote:
> Are you suggesting that I rebuild my six servers with Debian in order
> to get spice working?
>
> I thought Ubuntu server was a supported platform (e.g. the docs say
> RHEL, SuSe, Ubuntu)?
>
> Would moving to Wallaby help? I am hesitant, as I have tried to get
> vnc and novnc working on Rocky and Pike with the same results.
> The problem is I really _need_ it to work for next semester so
> the students can access their vms over the web for some remote classes.
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

from the error description, I can only suspect you may be able to see
the error message in Horizon logs. Usually a "Something went wrong"
message is the nicer way for a 500 server error.

If I understood correctly what Thomas was trying to suggest is: Ubuntu
and Debian packages should work on both systems, i.e. you should be
able to use the Debian packages on Ubuntu. Thomas puts a lot of effort
in these.

OpenStack is quite easy to misconfigure, and you can waste some time in
finding your own typos (or the one in guides). This is why installers
are popular.

Matthias

--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>