[networking-bgpvpn][networking-bagpipe] Propose to EOL stable/pike and stable/queens

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Thu Aug 5 10:20:28 UTC 2021

Hi,

Regarding recent email from Elod [1] CI of the stable/pike and stable/queens
branches in networking-bgpvpn is broken now. I checked that it's due to
Horizon which is already EOL in those branches.
I proposed patch [2] to hopefully fix it quickly by using eol tag of Horizon.
But even with that there are some other problems in the openstack-tox-pep8 and
networking-bgpvpn-dsvm-functional jobs.
Last merged patches in networking-bgpvpn were in 2019: [3] and [4].
Giving all that I propose to make networking-bgpvpn stable/pike and stable/
queens branches to be EOL now.

Networking-bagpipe project is tightly coupled with networking-bgpvpn. Last
patches merged in that project were also in 2019: [5] and [6].
Because of the above, I propose also to make branches stable/pike and stable/
queens in the networking-bagpipe to be EOL.

I will wait until end of next week for anyone who would like to maybe step up
as maintainer of those branches. If there will be no volunteers for that, I
will EOL those branches in networking-bgpvpn and networking-bagpipe.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-July/
023944.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/networking-bgpvpn/+/803545
[3] https://review.opendev.org/q/project:openstack/networking-bgpvpn+branch:stable/queens