[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 16th April, 21: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Apr 16 21:24:29 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. What we completed this week:
=========================
Project updates:
-------------------
** devstack-plugin-ceph is branched now[1].

Other updates:
------------------
** TC one vacant seat election is completed now. We have a new TC member Amy Marrich (spotz).
Also thanks to Feilong Wang (flwang) for participating and showing interest in TC[2].

TC liaisons assignments for Xena cycle
* This is to have two TC members assigned as liaisons for each project team.
* I generated the auto assignments using the script on top of already assigned projects[3].

2. TC Meetings:
============
* TC held this week meeting on Thursday; you can find the full meeting logs in the below link:
- http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-04-15-15.00.log.html

* We will skip next week's meeting due to PTG and have our next meeting on April 29th, Thursday 15:00 UTC[4].

3. Activities In progress:
==================
Open Reviews
-----------------
* No open reviews this week[5]. This is good progress by TC.

Gate performance and heavy job configs
* dansmith fixed the devstack async mode related bash bug related to children[6]
* Workarounds for making stackviz not to fail jobs are merged in all stable branches[7].
* Cinder failures are still happening and the Cinder team is in progress to fix those.

PTG
-----
TC is planning to meet in PTG for Thursday 2 hrs and Friday 4 hrs, details are in etherpad[8], feel
free to add topic you would like to discuss with TC in PTG.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[9].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [10]
3. Office hours: The Technical Committee offers two office hours per week in #openstack-tc [11]:
* Tuesday at 0100 UTC
* Wednesday at 1500 UTC
4. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/786067
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-April/021869.html
[3] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/tc-liaisons.html
[4] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting