[all] Gate resources and performance

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 01:15:49 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 6:00 PM Dan Smith <dms at danplanet.com> wrote:

> Hi Wes,
>
> > Just wanted to check back in on the resource consumption topic.
> > Looking at my measurements the TripleO group has made quite a bit of
> > progress keeping our enqued zuul time lower than our historical
> > average.  Do you think we can measure where things stand now and have
> > some new numbers available at the PTG?
>
> Yeah, in the last few TC meetings I've been saying things like "let's
> not sample right now because we're in such a weird high-load situation
> with the release" and "...but we seem to be chewing through a lot of
> patches, so things seem better." I definitely think the changes made by
> tripleo and others are helping. Life definitely "feels" better
> lately. I'll try to circle back and generate a new set of numbers with
> my script, and also see if I can get updated numbers from Clark on the
> overall percentages.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Dan

Sounds good..
I'm keeping an eye in the meantime w/

http://dashboard-ci.tripleo.org/d/Z4vLSmOGk/cockpit?viewPanel=71&orgId=1

SELECT max("enqueued_time") FROM "zuul-queue-status" WHERE ("pipeline"
= 'gate' AND "queue" = 'tripleo')

and
http://dashboard-ci.tripleo.org/d/Z4vLSmOGk/cockpit?viewPanel=398&orgId=1&from=now-6M&to=now

SELECT max("enqueued_time") FROM "zuul-queue-status" WHERE ("pipeline"
= 'gate') AND time >= 1601514835817ms GROUP BY time(10m)
fill(0);SELECT mean("enqueued_time") FROM "zuul-queue-status" WHERE
("pipeline" = 'check') AND time >= 1601514835817ms GROUP BY time(10m)
fill(0)

0/