[election][telemetry] PTL candidacy for Wallaby

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Sep 29 15:26:15 UTC 2020

Hi there,

I'd like to announce my candidacy to become the next
PTL for OpenStack Telemetry for the Wallaby cycle.

In the past cycles, we have seen a decrease in
contribution for Telemetry related projects. We
have also seen the lengthy discussion around
gnocchi or the lack of a TSDB in OpenStack.

A few months ago, I joined the project and

helped with reviews and bug fixes. For the

next cycle, I would like to address the a few

short term but also some longer term issues

such as:

- finish cleaning up the python2 to python3

  migration.

- get a better understanding (and a solution)

  for the various telemetry gates being blocked

- recently, heat stopped testing auto-scaling

  via aodh and gnocchi, because it was too unstable.
  I'd like to address that as well.
- We haven't had a planning or a roadmap for about
  the last 1.5 cycles. That is something to do
  in the future.

Thank you for your support and your consideration.

Matthias Runge