[placement][nova][cinder][neutron][blazar] Placement governance switch(back)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 24 15:33:25 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-24 16:23:36 +0100 (+0100), Stephen Finucane wrote:
[...]
> Either we look at transitioning Placement to a PTL-less project,
> or we move it back under nova governance. To be honest, given how
> important placement is to nova and other projects now, I'm
> uncomfortable with the idea of not having a point person who is
> ultimately responsible for things like cutting a release (yes,
> delegation is encouraged but someone needs to herd the cats).
[...]

The officially sanctioned PTL-less option (distributed project
leadership) still lists "Release Liaison" as the very first required
role:

I don't think I would discount the DPL option purely over a concern
for lack of point person responsible for Placement's release
activity.
--
Jeremy Stanley