[tripleo][ansible-ceph[ussuri][rdo][centos8] fails on ansible-ceph execution.

John Fulton johfulto at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 17:29:43 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:05 PM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> Also another thing, cat ./ceph-ansible/group_vars/osds.yml
> looks that have not been modified over last re-deployments. delete'ing it again and removing config-download and everything from swift...

The tripleo-ansible role tripleo_ceph_work_dir will manage that
directory for you (recreate it when needed to reflect what is in
Heat). It is run when config-download is run.

https://opendev.org/openstack/tripleo-ansible/src/branch/master/tripleo_ansible/roles/tripleo_ceph_work_dir

> I do not like it do not override everything... especially when launching deployment, when there is no stack (I mean in undercloud host, as overcloud nodes should be cleaned up by undercloud).

If there is no stack, the stack will be created when you deploy and
config-download's directory of playbooks will also be recreated. You
shouldn't need to worry about cleaning up the existing config-download
directory. You can, but you don't have to.

 https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/deployment/ansible_config_download.html#ansible-project-directory

  John