[tripleo][ansible-ceph[ussuri][rdo][centos8] fails on ansible-ceph execution.

John Fulton johfulto at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 17:22:58 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 12:34 PM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> I have one thought.
>
> stack at undercloudv3 v3]$ cat /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/ceph-ansible/ceph-ansible.yaml
> resource_registry:
>  OS::TripleO::Services::CephMgr: ../../deployment/ceph-ansible/ceph-mgr.yaml
>  OS::TripleO::Services::CephMon: ../../deployment/ceph-ansible/ceph-mon.yaml
>  OS::TripleO::Services::CephOSD: ../../deployment/ceph-ansible/ceph-osd.yaml
>  OS::TripleO::Services::CephClient: ../../deployment/ceph-ansible/ceph-client.yaml
>
> parameter_defaults:
>  # Ensure that if user overrides CephAnsiblePlaybook via some env
>  # file, we go back to default when they stop passing their env file.
>  CephAnsiblePlaybook: ['default']
>
>  CinderEnableIscsiBackend: false
>  CinderEnableRbdBackend: true
>  CinderBackupBackend: ceph
>  NovaEnableRbdBackend: true
>  GlanceBackend: rbd
>  ## Uncomment below if enabling legacy telemetry
>  # GnocchiBackend: rbd
> [stack at undercloudv3 v3]$
>

> And my deploy has:
>    -e ${_THT}/environments/ceph-ansible/ceph-ansible.yaml \
>    -e ${_THT}/environments/ceph-ansible/ceph-rgw.yaml \
>    -e ${_THT}/environments/ceph-ansible/ceph-mds.yaml \
>    -e ${_THT}/environments/ceph-ansible/ceph-dashboard.yaml \

The above is normal. Looks like you're using it as expected.

> generally the same files, BUT, they are specified by user, and it "might feel like" the user overwrote default settings?

I assume that ${_THT} refers to
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates. I don't recommend editing
the THT shipped with TripleO. If it has been modified then I recommend
restoring it to the original from the RPM.

> Also I am thinking on the things you helped me tho find, John. And I recalled, what I have found strange. NFS part.
> That it was trying to configure CephNfs... Or it should even I do not have it specified? From the output [1] here is the small part of it:
>         "statically imported: /usr/share/ceph-ansible/roles/ceph-nfs/tasks/create_rgw_nfs_user.yml",
>         "statically imported: /usr/share/ceph-ansible/roles/ceph-nfs/tasks/ganesha_selinux_fix.yml",
>         "statically imported: /usr/share/ceph-ansible/roles/ceph-nfs/tasks/start_nfs.yml",
Those roles will be used if you're also trying to configure manila:

 https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/features/deploy_manila.html#deploying-the-overcloud-with-the-internal-ceph-backend

It will get the OSD running first however and that's failing the the
vdb issue in your log below ([1]).

  John