[tripleo][ansible-ceph[ussuri][rdo][centos8] fails on ansible-ceph execution.

John Fulton johfulto at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 17:16:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 12:12 PM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> it's in: ./external_deploy_steps_tasks.yaml
> and:
> (undercloud) [stack at undercloudv3 v3]$ cat ./ceph-ansible/group_vars/osds.yml
> devices:
> - /dev/vdb
> osd_objectstore: bluestore
> osd_scenario: lvm
> (undercloud) [stack at undercloudv3 v3]$
>
> And you ARE right. Thank you for helping to notice it, there is no my list of devices... those sdc sde sdd...
>
> clearing out and redeploying my OpenStack now. but node-info is always the last one. Maybe I should add it before and after, 2 times Just for fun? (added, I will see how it will go)

Then for whatever reason in the series of overrides the default
CephAnsibleDisksConfig devices list is getting used and not your
overrides. I'm very confident the override order works correctly if
the templates are in the right order. I recommend simplifying by
removing templates and then adding in only what you need in iterative
layers. You node overrides look complex.

> By the way, just a small notice, but I believe that should not be a problem, that I have stack named v3, not overcloud...  I believe it is ok, yes?

Yes, you can call the stack whatever you like by using the --stack option.

  John