[openstack-ansible] OpenStack Ansible deployment fails due to lxc containers not having network connection

Jonathan Rosser jonathan.rosser at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Sep 21 16:10:27 UTC 2020

Hi Oliver,

The dnsmasq dependancy will be pulled in by lxc, which in turn needs
lxc-utils,
that then wants dnsmasq-base as you can see here
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/lxc-utils.
You will not find LXC itself as a per-requisite in the documentation as
the setup is handled
completely by the lxc_hosts ansible role.

For openstack-ansible it is not necessarily a good idea to adjust the
variables
in /etc/ansible/roles/.... because these repositories will be
overwritten any
time you do a minor/major upgrade.

There is a reference here
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible/latest/reference/configuration/using-overrides.html
for overriding variables, and the most common starting point would be to
create
/etc/openstack_deploy/user_variables.yml and put your customization there.

I would recommend always building an All-In-One deployment in a virtual
machine
so that you have a reference to compare against when moving away from
the 'stock config'.
Documentation for the AIO can be found here
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible/ussuri/user/aio/quickstart.html

Regards,

Jonathan.