[Kolla Ansible] Error in "heat" stage during deployment - Followed Quick Start Guide (ubuntu 18.04.5, virtualbox)

Lukasluedke at web.de Lukasluedke at web.de
Fri Sep 4 14:46:43 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I am new to openstack and just followed
the "Quick Start" guide for kolla-ansible
[https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/ussuri/user/quickstart.html]
on ussuri release, but now having some problems during deployment.
I used virtualbox to create a new vm with ubuntu 18.04.5
[https://releases.ubuntu.com/18.04/ubuntu-18.04.5-live-server-amd64.iso.torrent]
and attached one interface (enp0s3, 10.0.2.15) with Nat-Network and
the second interface as for the neutron interface (enp0s8, no ip)
an internal network and named it "neutron".
Then I followed the guide to create a new virtual python environment
(logged in over ssh using "user" user).
--
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python3-dev libffi-dev gcc libssl-dev

python3 -m venv $(pwd)
source $(pwd)/bin/activate
pip install -U pip
pip install 'ansible<2.10'
--

Everything seems to work as mentioned with no problems so far.
(Beside the missing "python-venv" package in the docs)

mkdir /etc/ansible
sudo nano /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
### content from /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
[defaults]
host_key_checking=False
pipelining=True
forks=100
###
--

I then modified the "multinode" file to only deploy on localhost
(replaced all control01, etc. with localhost) as I first wanted

sudo nano /etc/kolla/globals.yml
### additional content of /etc/kolla/globals.yml
kolla_base_distro: "ubuntu"
kolla_install_type: "source"
network_interface: "enp0s3"
neutron_external_interface: "enp0s8"
kolla_internal_vip_address: "10.0.2.10"
###

kolla-ansible -i ./multinode bootstrap-servers
kolla-ansible -i ./multinode prechecks
--

But on the deploy stage I am stuck right now:
--

The mentioned error is telling me,
that the keystone service is not available.

Does anyone know what is wrong or has some hints/insight on how
to correctly deploy openstack using kolla-ansible?

Best Regards,
Lukas Lüdke