[ansible][tripleo][openstack-ansible-modules] Openstack Ansible modules PTG wrap up

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 16:32:17 UTC 2020

Openstack Ansible modules PTG wrap up

1. We continue to align new features in SDK, OSC and modules
a) need to complete switch of cloud layer to use ONLY proxy layer and not
reimplement the APIs
b) in Ansible modules we'd better to use cloud layer when it's available
and not proxy layer
2. For exposing SDK logs when running modules, we need to find a right
place to print them. Either it would be one of module returns or special
plugin printing logs with more verbosity. The discussion will be in the
maillist.
3. We will start developing unit tests for modules and run them with
ansible-test.
4. Also need to rework our current test system and make it more atomic and
add coverage.
5. We decided to align all *_info modules to one standard -
<resource>_info, some of them named as <resource>s_info.
6. We'll need to generate documentation for modules and place it on
docs.openstack.org if it's possible. Current documentation in Ansible
covers the release that is built-in in Ansible and doesn't reflect last
changes.
7. Effort of moving modules to use a single OpenstackModule class will
continue.
8. Transition and adding new baremetal modules will continue as well.

Thanks
--
Best regards
Sagi Shnaidman