Editing libvirt xml file

vladimir franciz blando vladimir.blando at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 16:56:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

I edited the  libvirt xml (virsh edit...) file of a running Windows server
instance because I changed the video model type from cirrus to vmvga so it
can support a higher resolution on a console (cirrus supports up to 1280
only).
After editing, i "soft-rebooted" the instance and the new configuration
sticks.  That's awesome.

But when you do a "hard-reboot" it will revert back to the original config.
I also tried to do a "shut-down" then "start" again, but it still reads the
original config.  Not sure where it  is reading the config from...

Regards
Vlad