[neutron] Same physical NIC for SR-IOV and other mechanism driver

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 18:36:59 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-10-21 at 12:03 -0500, Gabriel Omar Gamero Montenegro wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Is it possible to use the same physical NIC with the
> SR-IOV mechanism driver together with other mechanism
> driver like Open vSwitch or Linux Bridge? If this is
> the case, how should I map the physical NIC
> for each agent?

yes you have to use fdb extention which is support by ml2/ovs and ml2/linuxbridge
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/agent/l2/extensions/fdb_population.py

but with that you can use the PF for ovs and the vf for vms.
im not sure if there are other docs https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/rocky/admin/config-sriov.html#optional-fdb-l2-agent-extension
but that is a start