[glance][devstack] Problem with stack.sh in devsatck install

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Oct 17 22:25:25 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-18 06:02:00 +0800 (+0800), James wrote:
> I met some problems in installing devstack
[...]
> ubuntu-18.04.5-desktop-amd64
[...]

For latest versions of DevStack you'll want Ubuntu 20.04 instead,
it's not necessarily expected to work on older Ubuntu versions
unless you also use an older DevStack.

> Attempting uninstall:+simplejson Found existing installation:
> simplejson 3.13.2 ERROR: Cannot uninstall 'simplejson'. It is a
> distutils installed project and thus we cannot accurately
> determine which files belong to it which would lead to only a
> partial uninstall.
[...]

The error you're seeing is because DevStack wants to install
simplejson with pip, but there's a distro package of a different
version of simplejson already present which it cannot remove. If you
continue to see this error on Ubuntu 20.04, try using apt to
uninstall the python3-simplejson package before starting DevStack.
--
Jeremy Stanley