[release] Release countdown for week R-1 Oct 5-9

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Oct 2 11:04:06 UTC 2020

Development Focus
-----------------

We are on the final mile of the victoria development cycle!

Remember that the victoria final release will include the latest release
candidate (for cycle-with-rc deliverables) or the latest intermediary
release (for cycle-with-intermediary deliverables) available.

October 8 is the deadline for final victoria release candidates
as well as any last cycle-with-intermediary deliverables. We will then
enter a quiet period until we tag the final release on October 14.
Teams should be prioritizing fixing release-critical bugs, before that
deadline.

Otherwise it's time to start planning the Wallaby cycle,
including discussing Forum and PTG sessions content, in preparation of
Open Infra Summit the week of Oct 19 and the PTG on the week of
Oct 26.

Actions
-------

Watch for any translation patches coming through on the stable/victoria
branch and merge them quickly. If you discover a release-critical issue,
please make sure to fix it on the master branch first, then backport the
bugfix to the stable/victoria branch before triggering a new release.

Please drop by #openstack-release with any questions or concerns about
the upcoming release!

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Final Victoria RC deadline: October 8
Final Victoria release: October 14