[usurri][linbit][drbd] Cinder configuration

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:36:57 UTC 2020

On 10/2/20 4:45 AM, ops at clustspace.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have manuall how to configure drbd+linstor for cinder?
> Official documentation is very crap.

I suggest you contact Linstor directly.  Their cinder driver was updated
in Ussuri, but the developer who worked on that patch has since left the
company, and their third-party CI system has not been responding to
Cinder patches.  It would be good to let them know that some people are
in fact trying to use their driver.

Unfortunately, "linstor days" is the same week as the OpenStack Wallaby
PTG, but if you're not attending the PTG, maybe there's a session that
would be helpful (I haven't checked):

https://www.linbit.com/linstor-days-sds-virtual-event/

And if you are able to get some help, the Cinder project would welcome a
patch to update the documentation.

> We already tryed week for it and without any results

Sorry to hear that, hopefully someone on this list can give you some
guidance.

cheers,
brian