[Ussuri] Auto shutdown VM

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Wed Nov 18 06:19:05 UTC 2020

Hi,

from my own experience the mismatch happened when someone was playing
with virt-manager (or other tools) to reboot/shutdown VMs through
libvirt and not from inside the VM or via openstack. And since nova
has to catch up at some point this led to a cycle of unwanted shutdown
events. In my case I know that users were trying to do that via
virt-manager, does that apply to your scenario, too? Or does libvirt
show any error logs that would explain unexpected shutdowns?

Regards,
Eugen