[Heat] Fwaas v2 support

Rabi Mishra ramishra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 09:26:55 UTC 2020

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 2:32 PM Yves Gd <yves.guimard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to use a HOT firewall template, I encounter this error:
> "ERROR: HEAT-E99001 Service neutron is not available for resource type
> OS::Neutron::Firewall, reason: Required extension fwaas in neutron service
> is not available."
>
> We use fwaas v2, is it supported by heat module on Train version?

No it's not supported. The existing heat resources use fwaas v1 api, which
has been removed from neutron in stein. So these heat resources are useless
in train.

Feel free to create a story and contribute. With very few contributors,
we've not been able to keep up with all service api changes.

--
Regards,
Rabi Mishra