[tc][all][searchlight ] Retiring the Searchlight project

Stephen Finucane stephenfin at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 15:26:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-11-12 at 21:42 +0900, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 7:31 PM Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> > Yes, as part of the retirement process all deliverables under the
> > project needs to be removed
> > and before removal we do:
> > 1. Remove all dependencies.
> > 2. Refactor/remove the gate job dependency also.
> > 3. Remove the code from the retiring repo.
>
> I think Thomas's point was that some of those retired deliverables
> are
> required by non-retired deliverables, like:
>
> - python-qinlingclient being required by mistral-extra
>
> - python-searchlightclient and python-karborclient being required by
> openstackclient and python-openstackclient
>
> We might need to remove those features/dependencies first, which
> might
> take time...

Yeah, I think so too.

Regarding OSC, python-openstackclient does not depend on
python-searchlightclient.
"openstackclient" is a wrapper project which allows us to install all
OSC plugins along with the main OSC.
We can drop retired OSC plugins from the "openstackclient"
requirements.

We only depend on them for documentation purposes. We'll just remove
those docs.

Stephen